Spanking and shaming

• 13 posts
    May 21, 2018 3:36 PM PDT

To me, shame is the most potent aspect of spanking, whether when giving or receiving - it adds a particular edge to it all, and has a lasting effect when pain has worn off. But I'm interested in how anyone views shame in general. I notice that shaming punishments have been coming back in the US, and that shaming has become part of the MeToo campaign. So I just wondered (a) when do people think shame is acceptable or worthwhile? and (b) when have they ever experienced it, witnessed it, or enacted it, and found some wider excitement from that? This doesn't have to be in the context of spanking - I'm curious to know if others relate spanking-style shame to other types?

• 77 posts
    May 22, 2018 8:33 PM PDT
    As a boy, when I realized that there was something very powerful about spanking, right away I understood the primary attraction was shame and the feelings of humility that accompany legitimate and deserved punishment. At the center of it was spanking. All the circumstances surrounding were vital to the drama and meaning, but spanking was always the main event. So is the attraction to shame only relevant within a spanking scenario, or is there something about shame, in-and-of-itself, that draws me? It's complicated, and I don't think I have all the answers.

For starters, take shame out of the equation. Is punishment still interesting or exciting? To me it becomes mundane. There are practical purposes. If it's fair, effective, and causes no unintended harm, then good. For example, having to pay a parking ticket. You messed up, you pay the penalty and move on. Nothing to stir the emotions other than maybe you hate losing the money. Change the punishment to a spanking. Another universe of feelings opens up. Now the failure or transgression can no longer simply be dismissed. There's an explicit demonstration of authority and power exchange. My failure to park legally is now articulated as irresponsibility, and the punishment is chosen to underline immaturity. The exposure involved can cause an overwhelming vulnerability. The result is shame, embarrassment and humility.

Maybe one has to be born with it, but for me early on there was a potent humility inherent in spanking. Shame is emotional pain. An attraction to punishment is really an attraction to pain. However, like the physical aspects of pain desired are limited in scope, so are the kinds of emotional pain. I eventually came to realize shame that caught my attention was associated with traditional discipline, and mostly in a domestic setting, so that expands on the idea of spanking to include the punishments associated with child-rearing. It's a ritual of shame and humility. Within that narrow realm, it's exciting, attractive and fulfilling.

I think it's apparent that, in the mainstream, humiliation is popular entertainment, whether an audience gets sadistic or masochistic pleasure from it. Power and revenge, the high and mighty receiving their comeuppance, or the next-door neighbor's 15 minutes of infamy on whatever Jerry Springer-type show is popular at the moment. That's not my thing. However, there are some situations where humbling, being humbled, or witnessing the shame is exciting. I'm not sure I can put my finger on where the line is drawn and what makes it erotic. It has something to do with vulnerability. I know I've felt and seen this kind of emotional pain outside of spanking on some level in my life, but I'll have to think about it more and see what I remember.
    • 22 posts
    May 24, 2018 12:07 PM PDT
    In a spanking context between consenting adults, the shame is something that the spankee wants, and it's usually all discussed prior to the punishment. I don't see any problem when it's between two adults, and the spankee wants to be shamed as part of their punishment.

The line gets crossed when you have shaming in a context that it is not consensual. The "me too" movement is an utter fraud, imo. As you always find out later that the elities and prima donna's who are behind those sort of movements are in fact the most despicable, control freak, psychopaths on the face of the earth. That is without question true when it comes to Hollywood. You have this massive facade, and virtue signling from pure hypocrites, most of who LOVE to do the exact behavior they scorn.

In general though, people in society deserve dignity and respect, and should never be taken advantage of AGAINST THEIR WILL, esp by people with wealth or power. Now if your big fetish or desire is to be shamed, and it's all between consenting adults, have at it! But always be very open with your partner(s) about what you are seeking.
  • July 31, 2018 6:51 AM PDT
    When I was little it didn't take much for me to feel shame. I remember once we were at a store, and my mother asked the clerk if there was a corner she could make me stand in. I was mortified. It definitely worked as a punishment.
    • 6 posts
    August 13, 2018 5:38 PM PDT
    To be ashamed for me means to be punished.
  • September 10, 2018 10:22 PM PDT
    Bringing a girl to the shame and humiliation she wants to feel is a turn-on for me. Not by yelling or using nasty language, but by making her agree that her spanking is deserved, inevitable and requires her nudity.
    • 2 posts
    April 19, 2019 12:02 PM PDT
    Shaming very powerful.Mom had craft lady make paddle with my name on it .It hung in kitchen for anyone to see. You can imagine the explanations ,a lot with me present as a teen.Neighboor ladies finding out I was subject to being spanked .I many cases exactly how, OTK , bare bottom or not . Most were very interested and almost all agreed and often offered other punishment alternatives
    • 189 posts
    April 19, 2019 12:16 PM PDT

i am not  sure if i ever feel shame when spanked  more embrassement not quite the same thing not sure really?

• 8 posts
    March 14, 2020 6:57 AM PDT

It would depend on the context and reason behind the spanking wouldn't it? A discipline spanking needs shame just as an erotic one would need intimacy! The versatility of spanking!

• 36 posts
    March 15, 2020 2:29 PM PDT

a female neighbor of mine ( we were classmates )  grew up in a strict home . the summer between our jr & sr years of high school a bunch of us were hanging out in her back yard , her mother asked her to do something and she lipped off to her mom.....well her dad happened to be off work and heard the exchange between mother and daughter  , he beat feet fort to the back porch and with paddle in hand summoned her into the house............next thing you know we all heard the paddle swats and the bawling , after it was over she returned to the back with a face as red as her ass must have been and apologised to all of us for having to hear her get a spanking. this was one of my first experiences with somebody getting a discipline spanking ............ah memories from the summer of 74   

• 16 posts
    July 7, 2022 10:46 AM PDT

Natalie30 Embarrassment and shaming are not exactly the same but are frequently joined. I have been embarrassed in medical situations with women before. Once getting a shot in the butt. It was entirely my fault I already had my shirt off and the Doc ordered a penicillin shot. A young nurse came and told me to bend over the exam table and pull my pants down. I later found out from my then girl friend now my wife, that I only needed to lower one side over my hip. When she turned around she was definitely startled to see a young man basically nude. The other time was in the ER after getting rear ended at a light. In a room full of mixed staff, having had most of my clothes cut off, a pretty, young resident came in and had them roll me over on my side to do a rectal. She had me clamp down on her finger. Second time that night I got rear ended. I was in too much pain to be embarrassed at the time, but got red faced later thinking about it.

I wrote a story posted in the forum about a high school kid paddled in front of a bunch of girls. A whole bunch of fantasies run together. I blushed through the whole writing of it.

• chi
    • 37 posts
    July 27, 2022 12:20 AM PDT

To me, depend on the context and reason behind the spanking, if is being spank for reason of enjoyment then pain and way of spanking kicks in. However if comes to real life punishment where have to be bare and witness by strangers, shame is the most potent.